» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
by eduart Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am

» Problem with cacti
by nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

» Free continual trading thread
by chris86 Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 pm

» Nooker gone aussie
by Jackdaripper Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:40 am

» Newbie here, received a few succulents as a gift. Would love some help identifying them so I can research how to care for them!
by SneakyCuttlefish Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:08 am

Share | 

Astrophytums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frankyr

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-01-22

PostSubject: Astrophytums   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi all,

I've got some astrophytum seedlings doing very well under lights, I have found a few variagated/albino/....(i'm not exactly sure the name they deserve) but they are absolutely beautiful I am in love with their colours. I will certianly be trying to source more seeds of similar lineage for the future!

All seedlings pictured below came from seed labelled A. Asterias "Nishiki", they are roughly 3 months old.

First up is a very bright yellow colour, quite amazing and the only one producing this amazing hue of colour.

\

The second one below is showing more of a 'true' variegate form with a mixture of green/yellow bits.

Next one below is a normal version of the seedlings I am guessing, taking on the classic A. asterias look.

Next one below, is some more seedlings that are grafted on to peres instead of hylos, there is one growing very quickly with a much more orange tinge to it, it is also pupping already quite heavily. Would these be considered Monstrose?

The next photo, i am focusing on the two smaller grafts, with the pere pups coming up they are from the same seed batch, no colour to them although much hairier as well as pupping very early. the rest are loph grafts lol

The next one below is of a very good looking one, it has a very nice orange/reddish tinge to it. As well it seems the new areoles being produced are quite angular. Is this normal?

Last one below, also showing a very nice reddish/orange tinge although this one is quite hairy, with a lot of speckling a long it's body and spines. It is also showing quite angular new aereoles, as well as it is starting to pup too

Cheers all
Back to top Go down

Astrophytums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: General Cultivation, Identification & Information-
Jump to: